ALL DIGITAL Weeks 2023 – International Launch Event
The ALL DIGITAL Weeks 2023 are being kicked off with an International Launch Event bringing together high-level speakers and experts on the key themes of the campaign. We are proud to have the campaign launched by an intervention by Nicolas Schmit, Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights, followed by keynote addresses by some of the campaign’s strategic partners.
A policy discussion on “Digital Skills for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – from basic to advanced” features key actors representing the European Commission, the grassroots level provision of digital competence trainings, academia, civil society, industry professionals and social economy. To round out the launch event, we will give the floor to three key initiatives in furthering digital competence development for all in the form of the on-going feasibility study on a European Digital Skills Certificate (EDSC), the ALL DIGITAL Academy, and the DigComp Hub.
13.00 Registration and light lunch
14.00 Opening of the event by Altheo Valentini, ALL DIGITAL President
14.05 Keynote address by Nicolas Schmit, EU Commissioner for Jobs and Social Rights (video message from Strasbourg)
14.20 Keynote address by Brikena Xhomaqi, Secretary General, Lifelong Learning Platform (LLLP)
14.35 Keynote address by Jeremy Rollison, Senior Director of EU Government Affairs, Microsoft
14.50 Policy panel – “Digital Skills for Equity, Diversity and Inclusion – from basic to advanced”
- Georgi Dimitrov, Head of Unit, Digital Education Unit, DG Education, Youth, Sport and Culture, European Commission
- Ana Carrero, Deputy Head of Unit, Vocational Education and Training, CEDEFOP Unit, DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion, European Commission
- Gina Ebner, Secretary General, EAEA (European Association for the Education of Adults)
- Jakub Christoph, Secretary General, CEPIS (The Council of European Professional Informatics Societies)
- Alessia Sebillo, Executive Director, Diesis Network
- Achilles Kameas, Professor, Hellenic Open University
- Sarah Loriato, Policy Officer, AGE Platform
- Moderator: Peter Palvolgyi, Chief Executive Officer, ALL DIGITAL
16.15 Coffee Break
16.30 Showcase of three key digital skills initiatives
- EDSC feasibility study
- Angelo di Legge, project coordinator for the EDSC feasibility study consortium, NTT Data
- ALL DIGITAL Academy
- DigComp Hub
17.25 Closing of the launch event.
17.30 Networking cocktail
Watch the video recording here.
Other core Themes -
Online or Hybrid event - Yes
Number of participants - 70